Friday, January 16, 2015

Sura Baqara

I have wondered in the past why I had a special attraction to this chapter of Qur'an...
It is really a giant chapter with loads of thoughts...
The ayaths from 200 to 250 of the chapter gave me a special feeling...
I just took certain verses, out of context and just thought about them...
as if they were said to me... oh, yeah, the whole Qur'an is for me too...

Apart from that, in today's qutba, the imam spoke about fasting in the month of Ramad'an...
he said it in a different way, which gave me a new view point...
It is for knowing about poverty, that I fast, is not a correct statement... but that is also included in it...
and, if we know that there is an ifthar waiting for me tonight, then the purpose of fasting is not met...

No comments:

Post a Comment